...if you've say, tried to heat potato latkes in the microwave and… - Girl of Many Fandoms [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
psycho-biker-junkie-whore

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

[Nov. 22nd, 2008|03:45 pm]
Previous Entry Share Next Entry
[Current Mood |guilty]

...if you've say, tried to heat potato latkes in the microwave and left them in too long and accidentally burned black stuff onto a plate, what's the best way to get it off? I've tried scrubbing with Fairy Liquid and it doesn't seem to be working.

LinkLeave a comment

Comments:
[User Picture]
From:azzinita
Date:November 22nd, 2008 - 04:10 pm
(Link)
Leave the dish to soak in the sink with soap for a while. It should come off.
[User Picture]
From:the_gentleman
Date:November 22nd, 2008 - 04:20 pm
(Link)
Soak for an hour, then take some steel wool and elbow grease to it.
[User Picture]
From:innerbrat
Date:November 22nd, 2008 - 04:25 pm
(Link)
What they said: use Fairy liquid on it directly, and soak it for a while.
[User Picture]
From:charss
Date:November 22nd, 2008 - 04:29 pm
(Link)
As above, but if it doesn't all come off after soaking and scrubbing, first try repeating the soaking and the scrubbing because sometimes that makes it penetrate deeper.
[User Picture]
From:cupenny
Date:November 22nd, 2008 - 04:34 pm
(Link)
As my dad the chemist would tell me, 'Water! the universal solvent.' Let it soak! Just water would do it, but your preferred soap should also help. Time is what you need, mostly- and then a lot of elbow grease.
[User Picture]
From:vinagrette
Date:November 22nd, 2008 - 08:27 pm
(Link)
Throw it in the outside bin and pretend you don't know anything about it...

Not that I have done this, of course.